Spring Beauty Must Haves!


I recently took a trip to Ulta and spent my life savings on some updates to my face wardrobe. As I was re-organizing my beauty drawers I thought it would be beneficial to talk about some of the things I'm loving- my "must haves".

Urban Decay: Naked Skin One & Done, Hybrid Complexion Perfector // Holy Guacamole this stuff is amazing. I am super fortunate to have really great skin and not need a lot of coverage. With that being said, this moisturizes and evens out my skin tone perfectly. This will be my holy grail for summer and traveling when I don't want to bring along (or wear!) a ton of product on my face. $34 You can apply this stuff with your fingers or use their Good Karma (it seriously is) optical blurring foundation brush $26. It is worth every penny.

Physicians Formula: Butter Bronzer // Okay... this smells like I am in Hawaii sipping a pina colada on the beach and I friggin' love it. Don't get your hopes up if you're looking for a very dramatic bronze look. The two shades are very light! It comes in two shades Bronze and Light Bronze. I got the shade Bronze and it is a very subtle glow. Its great for days you don't feel like contouring but still want your skin to look alive. I'm a fan. $14.99 $8.99 ON SALE! HERE

Urban Decay: Afterglow Hilighter, Sin // UD for the win! I'm loving their products lately. Especially their 8 hour afterglow blushes and hilighters. This hilight is a gorgeous shimmery champagne shade that lasts all day on my skin. This was 1 of the 3 shades. The other shades Fireball (peach) and Aura (pink) had too much color for my liking and starts to cross over into blush in my opinion. $26

L'Oreal: Brow Stylist Definer // Sometimes I have to pinch myself after use to make sure I wasn't dreaming. "This stuff is the real deal," I say as I throw my $20 Anastasia brown pencil in the trash. It is so similar to the Anastasia retractable pencil. Brows. On. Fleek. $8.99


L'Oreal: Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Black // I love drugstore mascaras. I think they perform just as well, if not better, than the higher end brands. This one makes me feel like I have false lashes on. It gives both volume and length. $8.99

Real Techniques: Blush Brush // This brush applies my blush and bronzers perfectly. It is SO soft and doesn't shed at all. I swear, every high end brush I have ever purchased leaves my face looking like I'm trying to grow my first beard. Not cute. $8.99

Nivea: In Shower Smoothing Lotion, Shea Butter // Putting on lotion after a shower is such a chore to me. I hate doing it so much that sometimes I straight up skip it and leave myself looking like a gator. This product has eliminated this problem for me. Its my last step in the shower and leaves my skin so hydrated and silky smooth. Apply it all over your body and leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Rinse off, and you're good to go. $7.99



What are some of your must haves for Spring 2016??

XO,
mackenzie

























4 comments

  1. Bahaha! Any trip to ULTA ends up being our life savings, so funny! I go there WAY too often, because I have a makeup hoarding issue! LOL I had the UD Afterglow highlighter in my basket and just never checked out, eeek! Glad to know its worth it and only tempts me more! I also really need to try those in-shower lotion! It sounds so magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both girl! ....Get the highlighter! (Treat yo' self) :)

      Delete
  2. That butter bronzer is the bomb and it smells soooo good!!! I have been wondering how the in shower lotion worked, so I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right? It seriously makes me want to book a tropical vacation asap.

    ReplyDelete