Jillian Michaels, Ripped in 30 // Week 1 & 2


 
* Sorry for the extremely long post. I wanted to outline the workouts in week 1 & week 2 so you know what you're signing up for ;).
Ripped in 30 - Week 1

Warm Up
The warm up consisted of: swinging arms, military marches, bend over i-squats, halo dips, half squats w/ a knee grab and more swinging arms.
Circuit 1
1. Push-ups : Not gonna lie- can't do these. Had to do the modified version.2. Squat W/ shoulder press 3. Lunges with bicep curlRepeat strength 1 more time.
Cardio
1. fast feet - 30 seconds2. skaters - 30 secondsRepeat cardio circuit again.
Abs
1. plank 2. hollow man - holy friggin' ow.
Circuit 2 *my favorite circuit. It allowed for the most rest (in my opinion).
1. stiff-leg deadlift w/ upright row 2. squat swing 3. good mornings
Repeat!

Cardio
1. running man - 30 seconds2. squat punch - 30 seconds
REPEAT!
Abs
1. side plank crunch - right side 2. side plank crunch - left side
Circuit 3
1. chair pose w/ reverse fly 2. side lunge w/ front raise - SUPER hard. I was really hard for me to do both these moves at the same time.3. front lunge w/ bicep curl
REPEAT!
Cardio
1. butt kicks - 30 seconds
2
. single leg hop - 30 seconds
REPEAT!
Abs
1. crunches 2. reverse crunch w/ crunch
Stretches - You made it through!
__________________

Ripped in 30- Week 2

Warm Up
The warm-up for week 2 was a little more difficult than week 1. It consisted of backward arm circles, toe taps (kick & drop), alternating hugs, shoulder to knee stretch, alternating squats with rotation, and more toe taps.
Circuit 1
1. static lunge (right) w/ row 2. pendulum lunge w/ serving biceps 3. chest press w/ pelvic thrust
..you know the drill - REPEAT!
Cardio - Ok seriously Jillian? This cardio was so hard, even on my last day of week 2, I could barely push through.
1. plank jacks 2. mountain climbers
REPEAT!
Abs
1. arm to leg crunch (right arm to left leg) 2. arm to leg crunch (left arm to right leg)
Circuit 2
1. side lunge w/ leg raise (abduction) - I could not do the abduction. I don't know how the hell these ladies are getting their legs up in the air.2. transition ab hold into table top (left) 3. crow push ups REPEAT!
Cardio
1. jump rope kick outs 2. squat thrusts - Ow, more cardio in the plank position *eyeroll
REPEAT!
Abs
1. ab roll (v ups)
2. leg raise & crawl up (alternate legs)
Circuit 3
1. sumo squat w/ tricep extension 2. stork stance w/ low row 3. renegade row
REPEAT!
Cardio
1. jab cross high low 2. high knees
REPEAT!
Abs
1. sit up w/ leg extension
2
. crunch w/ leg raise
Stretch
______________
I feel accomplished after weeks 1 &2. I feel like I can start to see slight results in the way I look and the way my clothes fit. More importantly, I can feel myself getting stronger. Moves that were once impossible for my to do on days 1 or 2 of the weeks, feel easier. If anything I am more motivated now, than when I started. Bring on week 3!
What is your favorite workout dvd program? Do you prefer the gym? Let me know your thoughts!
 

No comments